At a Glance
Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and AdvancED awarded in 2007; re-accredited 2012 and 2017
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association (NCISAA)
- Independent School Management (ISM)
The Oakwood School is an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for grades Pre-K-12 that seeks to prepare its students to live productively in our 21st century global society.
Our faculty provides authentic, inquiry-based learning experiences and facilitates engaging, interactive, student-centered learning. 21st century learning skills form the foundation of the programs in all disciplines: critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration, agility and adaptability, effective oral and written communication, initiative and entrepreneurialism, assessing and analyzing information, and curiosity and imagination. Technology is integrated into the curriculum and the learning process. Students employ a comprehensive set of digital applications and tools to create, communicate, collaborate, and demonstrate their growing understanding of the world around them. Oakwood graduates students who are self-directed, lifelong learners, and responsible global citizens.