We welcome your interest in a career at The Oakwood School, an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional faculty and staff to carry out our mission. We seek talented and experienced individuals who celebrate and respect childhood, know how to blend traditional teaching methods with 21st century resources, and are excited about incorporating character education and service learning in their work with students.
A school librarian who will work collaboratively with classroom teachers as a partner in the instructional process to help promote a love of reading and lifelong learning while fostering a creative, flexible environment so that the school library is an essential part of the learning community.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Review, evaluate, and select resources in collaboration with other teachers.
- Process, organize, and classify resources to ensure access to materials.
- Maintain an automated library management and information access program.
- Maintain a current, functional library collection through data analysis, inventory, weeding, updating, and replacement of resources.
- Provide information about copyright law and fair-use practices.
- Share responsibility for student learning and the achievement of schoolwide instructional goals.
- Facilitate learning through resource-based instruction by providing access to and promoting the use of resources in all formats.
- Analyze, promote, and coordinate access to resources outside of the school library: including to model and promote the use of the Shepard Library Information Management System .
- Analyze and correlate the content of resources to the curriculum.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate instruction in collaboration with teachers.
- Serve as Battle of the Books Coach.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Hold or pursuing a Masters Degree in Library Science
- Hold a current 076 School Media Coordinator License
- Accounts Payable - scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries;
- Accounts Receivable – coding, documenting and posting account payments, receivables and gifts;
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions;
- Prepare and track budgets for departmental support;
- Assist with the annual audit including required reconciliations and reports;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Excellent communication, mathematical skills and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and meet multiple deadlines on a regular basis;
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job;
- Proficient in use of accounting software systems.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Additional Information: This is a temporary, part-time position, offering 20-30 hours per week.
Application Instructions: Please submit letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references to: Jeff Wilson / firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, résumé and list of three references with telephone numbers to Dan Quesnel, Head of School, at email@example.com.