PSA (Parent Service Association)
The PSA strives to improve the quality of overall campus life by providing programs and activities that encourage participation by the whole School community. The mission of the PSA at Oakwood is to assist in the promotion of the excellence for the School through active parental involvement.
A Letter from PSA President, Jodi Adler
Dear Oakwood Community,
Welcome to your Parent Service Association (PSA). We could not support our wonderful school or amazing children if it were not for you.
As the opening Statement of our By-Laws reads:The Parents of the Oakwood School care deeply about their children’s education, and ALL Oakwood parents and guardians are members of the Parent Service Association… (we organize) the energy and talents of The Oakwood School parents to run programs and events that promote a strong sense of community and enrich the lives of the School’s students, faculty, administrators, and parents.
The PSA Executive Board organizes all members (all parents) to achieve the above mission. We interact several times a month, collaborating ideas, formally meeting with administrative representatives, and informally discussing ways in which we can enrich our school. The moments our children spend at Oakwood will soon become memories. Our desire is to make these some of the very best times for all of us. Events we have hosted to promote Oakwood’s tremendous sense of community include Fall Festivals, International Nights, Bingo Nights, Chili Cook-Offs, Kick Off Events, and Parent Socials. Over the last several years we have raised funds to support Teacher/Staff Appreciation Lunches and Grandparents/Special Friends’ Day. Our funds have also provided grants for a 3D printer, classroom and playground enhancements, and improvements to OASES.
There is no better way to impact your children’s experiences than to be involved in your school and PSA. I am truly honored to serve as your PSA President this year. Come join us!
Jodi L. Adler, D.O.
PSA President 2019-2020
Oakwood is participating in Box Tops for Education again this year! All you need to do is cut off box tops, give them to Ms. Christine in the Main Office, and at the end of the year, the class with the most box tops gets a special sweet treat! For more information, questions, or an updated way to scan boxtops, visit the website or contact PSA volunteer Kristi Sloan.
On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select Oakwood as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible Amazon purchases before you begin shopping. They will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make here will result in a donation to The Oakwood School!
Don't forget to re-link your Harris Teeter VIC Cards using the code 3523 here, so Oakwood can earn FREE money! Spread the word to your family and friends! Please remember you have to re-link your VIC card to Oakwood every year!
- Grandparent's and Special Friend's Day - October 4
- Bake Sale - October 18
- Bingo Night - October 18
- Faculty/Staff Holiday Lunch - December 6
- International Festival - January 25
- Bingo Night - February 7
- Bake Sale - March 27
- Blue Jean Ball - April 3
- Teacher Appreciation Week - May 4-8
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch - May 8
- Volunteer Appreciation Social - May 20
- Academic Awards Day Ceremony - May 20
- President -- Jodi Adler
- Past President -- Tiffany Hill
- Vice President -- Allan Mitchell
- Treasurer -- Jaclyn Beierlein
- Secretaries -- Melissa Ju and Kristy Conway
- Hospitality -- Mollie Thaxton
- Room Parent Coordinators -- Julie Moore and Judy Tant
- Volunteer Coordinators -- Anna Imhoff and Tiffany Hill
- Marketing -- Heather Reedy and Kristi Sloan
- Administrative Liaison -- Alicia Hawk
- Pre-K - Rachel Zigas
- Kindergarten (Carnighan) - Kimberly Sicley
- Kindergarten (Strickland) - Kristi Sloan
- 1st (Hendon) - Jenny Rawls
- 1st (Buckner) - Natalie Noble
- 2nd (Durden) - Amira Ali
- 3rd (Hostetler) - Michelle Kearney
- 3rd (Ellerbe) - Krystle Parker
- 4th - Melissa Ju
- 5th - Mackenzie Smith
- 6th - Staci Moye
- 7th - TBD
- 8th - Judy Tant
- 9th - Julie Moore
- 10th - Suzanne Clark
- 11th - Lori Kessler
- 12th - Mary Jon Pabst and Karen Barondes