Welcome to the Lower School at The Oakwood School! The Oakwood School is indeed a remarkable place, and we know the Lower School provides a safe and fun (yes fun!) place for a child to grow. In fact, visitors to the Lower School often comment on its unique atmosphere. What is the difference between Oakwood and all other schools?
- The teachers’ dedication to the foundations of reading, writing, and math
- A focused lab science program
- Spanish taught beginning in Pre-K with dedicated Spanish teacher and classroom
- Music and Arts with Lower School specific teachers and classrooms
- Community Service yearlong ownership
- Technology incorporated beginning in Pre-K with iPads for each student
- Emphasis on recess, fitness and free play time