Eagle Booster Club
The mission of the Eagle Booster Club is to promote athletics at The Oakwood School in an atmosphere that is consistent with the educational philosophy of the school community. We promote school spirit and sportsmanship, in addition to encouraging attendance at Oakwood athletic events.
- 85% of our students in grades 7 through 12 participate in at least one sport each year.
- Carolinas Independent Conference (CIC) and is a member of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association.
- Oakwood has 13 Varsity teams and 24 total teams, including a Sporting Clays team.
- We offer an intramural basketball, soccer and cheerleading program for students in grades 2-5.
- Oakwood families are members of the Booster Club.
- Admission for all home games is free to family and friends of Oakwood
The Annual "Play It For Life" fall community sports tournament and cancer fundraiser will be held at The Oakwood School on Friday, September 28 starting at 1pm. There will be sports tournaments and other events for students throughout the day in Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Girls Tennis, and Cross Country.
This annual event is a student-led fundraiser and proceeds will be donated locally to help the fight against cancer. We will host a Bake Sale and a Luminary Walk in honor or memory of those who have battled cancer. Admission to the tournament costs $5 per person with a dinner option at $5 per person. Volunteer support will be provided by Oakwood's Eagle Booster Club.
Order your "Play It For Life" Event T-Shirt
The deadline to order your event t-shirt is Wednesday, September 12. Click here to view the form. Hurry! You don't want to miss out on this awesome shirt!
Order your Luminary
The deadline to oder a Luminary is Wednesday, September 26. Click here to view the form.
Please print and return forms to the Front Office with Ms. Christine or in the gym with Coach Amy Gardner as soon as possible. For questions, please contact Angie Rhodes.