Eagle Booster Club
Welcome to the 2023-24 school year from your Eagles Booster Club! Throughout the year, the Booster Club has a number of events aimed at building community around our teachers, staff, students, and families in regards to athletics.
The mission of the Eagle Booster Club is to promote athletics at The Oakwood School in an atmosphere that is consistent with the educational philosophy of the school community. We promote school spirit and sportsmanship, in addition to encouraging attendance at Oakwood athletic events.
- 81% of our students in grades 7 through 12 participate in at least one sport each year.
- Carolinas Independent Conference (CIC) and is a member of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association.
- Oakwood has 23 total sports teams in Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity levels.
- Sports programs include Boys and Girls Basketball, Tennis, and Soccer; Co-ed Swimming, cross country and Golf; Girls Softball, Volleyball and cheerleading; and Boys Baseball
- All Oakwood families are members of the Eagle Booster Club.
- Admission to all home games is free to Oakwood families
We have several events throughout the year including Play it for Life, Monk Madness, Eagle Classic, Spring Fling and Athletic Banquet. Everything we do is based on volunteers. We ask you strongly consider volunteering and any amount of help is welcomed and greatly appreciated.
We look forward to meeting you and your family at a sporting event this year. Let’s make 2023-2024 a great one- Go Eagles!!!
Warm Regards, Julie Moore and Lisa Ellis
Booster Club Co-Presidents