Oakwood’s Top Giving Priority
The Annual Fund is The Oakwood School’s top giving priority, because it directly supports the school’s greatest assets—our students and teachers.
Dollars raised each year allow Oakwood to accomplish the following:
- Attract remarkable faculty and staff and support them through professional development
- Provide important technology resources for each classroom
- Offer financial assistance that fosters community
- Sustain and support our beautiful campus
Generous contributions from parents, grandparents, friends, and alumni to the Annual Fund have an immediate and tangible impact on our mission, instilling in our students the “strength of character, the creativity, and the wisdom to make a difference in the world.”
In 2016-2017, The Oakwood School received over $214,000 in unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund. The 2017-2018 campaign runs through June 30, 2018, but we hope you will consider making a difference through a gift or pledge today.
The Annual Fund makes a difference for...
Every Student. Every Classroom. Every Day.
- Where do Annual Fund dollars go?
- When should I make my gift?
- How much should I give?
- How does gift club recognition work?
- How can I make my gift?
The Annual Fund is fundamental to the school’s operating budget each year. Therefore, dollars raised ensure that the school can attract and support excellent faculty and staff, offer dynamic programming, and provide important classroom technology. The Annual Fund also enables Oakwood to offer financial assistance, which fosters community. In these ways and more, the funds help to fulfill our mission.
The entire Oakwood community is asked to contribute to the best of their ability. Annual Fund gifts range from $1 to $11,000. We hope that families will give generously because they love Oakwood, but it is critical for everyone, especially our current parents, to participate in some way. Strong participation sends an important message of our parents' unwavering commitment to our school community.
We value Annual Fund participation at all levels of giving. Our giving clubs were established to celebrate donors who make the school a philanthropic priority with significant, unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund. See the information on each level below:
Annual Fund Gift Club Levels
Scarlet Oak ------ $10,000+
Sawtooth Oak --- $7,500 To $9,999
Live Oak ----------- $5,000 to $7,499
wye Oak ----------- $2,500 to $4,999
evergreen Oak --- $1,000 to $2,499
willow oak ------- $500 to $999
Acorn ------------- up to $499
Gifts or pledges can be made in one of many ways:
- You can click the “Make a Gift to the Annual Fund” box on this page and you will be directed to our secure giving page to make an online gift or pledge. This page also allows you to set up automatic monthly payments via credit card or bank draft.
- Call Alicia Hawk x1302 or Elana Kepner x2150 in Oakwood’s Development Office to make your gift or pledge by phone at 252.931.0760.
- Mail your pledge card or check (payable to The Oakwood School) to The Oakwood School, 4000 MacGregor Downs Road, Greenville, NC 27834.
- Other gifts such as stock and wire transfers are also accepted. Please see the Ways of Giving page for additional information.