A vibrant culture of philanthropy has sustained our ability to fulfill Oakwood’s mission for 20 years.
Together we help every student attain his or her personal best. Tuition, of course, plays the largest role in our ability to serve students; yet, it only covers 93% of our annual budget.
We are fortunate to have widespread support for the school’s top giving priority — the Annual Fund — which benefits every student, in every classroom, every day. The Fund is critical to the school’s operating budget and is the reason we so deeply appreciate broad participation from our entire Oakwood community: parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty and staff, parents of alumni, and friends of the school.
The Annual Blue Jean Ball Auction & Gala and our Corporate Partners contribute to operations and special projects enhancing the Oakwood experience for our students.
Also important to the school’s short- and long-term sustainability are gifts to restricted and capital projects, as well as endowment and scholarship funds. These gifts support the facilities, infrastructure, and programs necessary to deliver a 21st century learning experience.
These combined philanthropic efforts and the generosity of our school community help provide our students with an exceptional educational experience and opportunities that go far beyond the classroom ensuring that Oakwood graduates are ready to thrive in college and beyond.
Parent Volunteer Groups
- Build community
- Strengthen student programs
- Parent Service Association (PSA), Eagle Booster Club, Fine Arts Support Team (FAST)
- Parent Volunteer Sign Up
- The School’s top giving priority
- Funds 7% of the operating budget and provides the experience that make an Oakwood education unique
- Impacts every student, every classroom, every day
- Broad community participation is vital
- Volunteer leaders play important role
Annual Blue Jean Ball Auction & Gala
- Invites the greater Pitt County community to support The Oakwood School
- Volunteer leadership plays a critical role
- Provides support for financial assistance and special projects
Corporate Partnership Program
- Provides an opportunity for local business to publicly support Oakwood and advertise to the school community
Capital, Restricted, Endowment, and Scholarship Gifts
- Enhances student programs through investment in facilities, equipment, and programs
- An important way to help ensure the future strength of our school and enable donors to have an impact on Oakwood beyond their lifetimes
Director of Advancement
Director of Development
Our offices are located in the Business Office suite of Agnes Q. Monk Hall. Please feel free to stop by with any question or to say hello.