Dear New Rising 9th to 12th Grade Students:
The Oakwood School is accepting inquiries of interest for the 2021-2022 Monk Family Scholarship. Selection criteria is based on exhibiting merit qualities that reflect Oakwood's Portrait of a Graduate including character, integrity, service, academic achievement, leadership, inspiration, and extracurricular involvement. Candidate families must also demonstrate financial need.
This is a need based renewable tuition scholarship of $10,000/year to attend The Oakwood School. New, rising 9th to 12th grade students are eligible to apply. Families residing in Farmville, Falkland, Fountain and surrounding communities are encouraged to apply; however, families residing anywhere in Pitt County and surrounding areas will also be considered.
For the 2021-22 school year, there will be up to TWO scholarships awarded!
Bill and Agnes Monk Family Foundation established an endowment to provide four tuition scholarships to The Oakwood School. The Monk Family Scholarship was established in memory of longtime friends of the school, the late Bill and Agnes Monk of Farmville, NC who loved and supported the community for decades.
Please contact me for more information and to schedule a tour!
Kelly Robbins, Director of Admissions | firstname.lastname@example.org | 252.931.0760 Ext. 1103
Key 2021-22 Scholarship Dates
- Virtual Information Session (RSVP here) - Wednesday, February 24, 2021 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Admissions and Financial Assistance Applications Due - Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Group Testing - Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Finalists Announced - Friday, April 23, 2021
- Competition Day - Saturday, May 8, 2021
- Recipient(s) Announced - Friday, May 21, 2021