Dear Oakwood Parents,
To better serve our Oakwood community, we simplified our re-enrollment process! Oakwood typically retains nearly 90% of our student body each year. Therefore, to make the lives of our returning families easier, we implemented a system of continuous enrollment that eliminates the need for you to fill out electronic paperwork every year.
The Oakwood School recognizes the value of long-term relationships with families in the education of their children. The continuous enrollment process allows you the comfort of knowing that your child’s seat is secure and frees you from unnecessary annual paperwork and electronic submissions. From the time of admission, your child will be considered enrolled at The Oakwood School through high school graduation unless otherwise notified by the parent, a guardian, or the school of a change in this relationship. The Oakwood School’s annual enrollment is therefore an opt-out process with a deadline by which to notify the school if your child is not returning. If your educational plans change, then you simply notify the school that you wish to “opt-out” of continuous enrollment for the following year.
Review a sample Continuous Enrollment Contract and check out Frequently Asked Questions below. The Business Office will separately provide information about our financial aid application process as it relates to continuous enrollment to families who plan to apply. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to Dr. Wanda Carr in the Business Office at (252) 931-0760 ext 1301.
Head of School
- What is continuous enrollment?
- What is the Continuous Enrollment Timeline?
- Why do we need to sign a continuous enrollment contract?
- Does continuous enrollment apply to all students?
- How do I pay for my enrollment deposit?
- What if I don't pay the Enrollment Deposit by the deadline?
- Will I be penalized when withdrawing from Oakwood?
- How will I know how much tuition is or if I need to apply for financial aid?
- How do we notify Oakwood if we do not plan on returning?
- Do I still have to fill out a new Financial Aid Application each year?
- What if I am behind on my account?
Please contact Dr. Wanda Carr, Business Officer, at (252) 931-0760 ext 1301 with any additional questions.